Every September some 40,000 volunteers across England organise 5,000 events to celebrate our fantastic history, architecture and culture. It’s your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences – all of which are FREE to explore.
Heritage Open Day 2016 runs across the weekend of 8-11 September. What will you discover about the Saltscape this year?
- Lion Salt Works, Anderton Boat Lift, Weaver Hall Museum and Workhouse Free Admission Saturday 11th September
- St Helen’s Church, Witton and St Mary’s Church Weaverham taking part in #challenge500 bell ringing event for HOD
- Plaza Cinema – exhibition and demonstrations of hot wax painting Sat & Sun 11-4pm
- Town walks with Northwich Heritage Society (11 and 2pm meet at Waitrose Car Park )
- Townscape Exhibition
- Murgatroyd’s Brine Pump open for the first time in nearly 30 years! Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm
- Guided tours telling the story of salt-making in Middlewich (must be booked).
- NEW Church Trail. Launch of trail map and leaflet, hand-drawn by local artist Anne Johnson
- Display and children’s craft activities in Winsford Library (Friday and Saturday morning and in lead-up)
- Castle Park Arts Centre open 10-4pm every day with free access to the exhibitions
- St Laurence’s Church open periodically throughout the weekend