The Saltscape team are on the look out for Conservation Volunteers. We’ve put together a job description here. Volunteers come from all walks of life and conservation volunteering gives you the opportunity to get fit, meet like-minded people and enjoy the great Salt Landscape on our doorstep.
We can now confirm a list of working days in January and February at woodland sites around Northwich. We will be joining forces with other volunteer groups already working in the Saltscape area.
- 09 January – Hazel Pear Wood, Acton Bridge (coppicing)
- 17 January – Owley Wood, Weaverham (hedge laying course run by CWT)
- 06 February – Marbury Park, Northwich (reed cutting or scrub bashing)
- 13 February – Owley Wood, Weaverham (hedge laying)
- 27 February – Owley Wood, Weaverham (hedge laying)
- 05 March – Thorn Wood, Weaverham (coppicing)
No experience or training is necessary. Saltscape staff will show you the ropes on the day. So why not come along and help make our precious landscape a better place to be? You’ll need strong, waterproof boots, plenty to drink and a packed lunch. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to come along, or call Groundwork on 01606 723 160 and ask to speak to a member of the Saltscape team.
We look forward to meeting you!
Read more about volunteering here .